Rather than "shooting" for a career as a photographer of wildlife, I think I'll keep my day job, such as it is.
OK, we all know that I should be working... but sometimes I do exit the various uni Web sites and homework documents to mess around. Some of this week's finds:
• Fancy Tiger Crafts - it's not the best idea to attach a bunch of superlatives to a crafting blog -- there are so many good ones --, but this one is local, the blog of the craft boutique of the same name. I love it.
• All About Birds, a beautifully organized site, easy to search and full of information. About each bird you'll find an identification key, "life history", sound, and video. Although I the much of the information here to be more complete and more accurate than bird books, it's not a substitute. Just a really, really good augment.
• Blog of a nifty antiques and what-have-you shop in Washington DC. Fun.
• Interesting virtual visit to the Flatirons, the defining geological feature of Boulder (which one Scottish friend pronounces one of the oddest town names he's ever heard).
• Smugopedia: "Pretend you know better" - clever concept; looks like the site has been stagnant for a while.